The Itch to Cry

I often times have this unsettling feeling of suddenly wanting to cry. For no particular reason, or maybe, the reason is there, but the occurrences of the day has somehow muddled it down. It's like an itch that you can't scratch or that familiar feeling that there's something is wrong, but it has already escaped you. 

I would try to remember, the reason of my despair. It would eat me up and it would haunt me, and somehow, that adds to the inscrutable feeling of me wanting to cry. My heart. I feel so lonely and misunderstood, but I don't know why. What has happened that made me feel this way? Am I too sensitive and empathetic that my interactions with people the past days have consumed me?

I escape by keeping myself busy. I escape through the endless and thoughtless scrolling on other people's lives and the life I'd want for myself. I wish I would do something. But I just want to cry.

Comments

Popular Posts